To put it simply, if you are trans, we believe you.
Your gender affirmation is individual to you. Whether you are looking for medical and surgical interventions or just want to see a medical provider who uses the right name and pronouns, we’re here for you.
AJ Eckert, DO, established our Gender & Life-Affirming Medicine (GLAM) Program in 2020. As a nonbinary and trans medical provider with over 15 years’ experience, Dr. Eckert created GLAM to empower trans and gender diverse people in their gender journeys.
Gender-affirming medicine means you are the best person to make decisions regarding your own body. We’re here to give you the tools and necessary information to make an informed decision. There are no required mental health assessments, therapy letters, forms, or consent waivers.
Our GLAM services include:
- In-person and video visits
- Hormone administration and monitoring for binary and nonbinary affirmations
- Medicine regimens to meet your individual needs and goals (including microdosing hormones, using lower doses of medications, and working with different medication combinations)
- In-office blood draws
- Safe injection trainings
- Pre-operative and post-operative exams for gender-affirming surgeries, along with guidance around specific surgical procedures
- Navigation assistance for gender-affirming surgeries and procedures
- Pelvic exams and Pap smears
- Physical exams respectful of body autonomy
- Referrals to LGBTQ-competent specialists
We believe all trans and gender diverse youth deserve gender-affirming health care. If you are under 18 years old and are starting or have started puberty, your medical affirmation options include hormone and puberty blocker administration and monitoring with the consent of your medical guardian(s). You can bring your medical guardian(s) to your appointment if they have questions or concerns.
Got questions? Explore our GAM FAQ.
Become a Patient
Please request a GLAM appointment online or call 203-903-8308 for assistance over the phone.