Yes, we are taking new patients! To make an appointment:
Step 1: Contact us
Step 2: Complete paperwork
You can complete our patient registration form online. It can also be mailed to you, picked up, or completed in the office before your appointment. If you complete the form before your appointment, you must arrive at least 15 minutes earlier than your appointment time, otherwise, it will be rescheduled. Please let us know if you need assistance completing the form.
Step 3: Get scheduled
We’ll contact you to schedule your appointment. You can let us know if you have any requests for providers, services, or days and times.
Behavioral health services are available to current patients ages 5 years and older.
If you are a current patient seeking a consultation, please call 203-903-8308 or send us a MyChart message. You can also request a consultation through your medical provider during your next visit.
If you are not a current patient, your first step is to establish medical care. You can request an appointment online and we’ll contact you within 1-2 business days with your next steps. You can also call 203-903-8308 for assistance over the phone.
While we don’t have an age limit, we don’t offer comprehensive pediatric services and require patients needing pediatric services to continue seeing their pediatrician.
Yes, we do! To certify or recertify for medical marijuana, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Connecticut resident.
- Have at least one appointment with an Anchor Health provider before a medical marijuana certification/recertification visit.
- If you seek medical marijuana for a qualifying mental health condition, bring a letter from your mental health provider stating that you have this diagnosis. You can request a behavioral health consultation if you think you have a qualifying mental health condition but no diagnosis.
Insurance does not cover medical marijuana visits. Before your visit, you must pay an initial certification fee of $200 or a renewal fee of $125. The state also collects a separate fee of $100 for first-time applicants.
Yes, we’re a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our legal name is Anchor Health Initiative Corp. Our Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a federal tax identification number, is 81-2826560.
If your appointment is in-person:
- Bring your insurance card(s) and photo identification.
- If applicable, all copays, coinsurance, deductibles, and outstanding balances are due at the time of your visit. We take credit/debit cards, contactless payments, HSA/FSA/HRA cards, cash, and checks.
- Let us know as soon as possible if you are running late. If you arrive at least 15 minutes late for your appointment, it may be canceled and rescheduled.
If your first appointment is telemedicine:
- Video visits require a MyChart account. If you don’t have an account, you need to either request an activation code online, or call 203-903-8308 and we’ll provide you with a code.
- To access your video visit, use an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet, or a computer with camera, speakers, and a microphone. Smartphones and tablets require a one-time installation of the MyChart and Zoom apps.
- Download MyChart on the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Download Zoom on the App Store or Google Play Store. There’s no charge for the app and no need to create an account.
- Open MyChart and log in or sign up through “Yale New Haven Health/Yale Medical Group.”
- If using a computer, please visit MyChart’s website via Safari, Chrome, or Edge.
- On the day of your visit, a medical assistant will call you 10-20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to gather information and prepare you for your visit. Make sure you answer their call.
- Please be in a private location with reliable Wi-Fi.
- YNHHS’s Video Visit Quick Guide has step-by-step directions for accessing your visit.
Please call 203-903-8308 during regular business hours or send us a MyChart message. You must give us 24 hours’ (to the hour) notice. For Monday appointments, that means letting us know the Friday before by your scheduled appointment time. Please review our Appointment Cancellation, No-Show, and Late Policy for more information.
We’re dedicated to providing high-quality care to all our patients. To submit a compliment, complaint, or concern, please submit a patient grievance.
Phone and video interpretation services are available upon request. The available languages include American Sign Language (ASL), Cantonese, English, French, Haitian Creole, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and more. Patients can also use their own interpreters.
If you are experiencing a serious or life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room (ER) for care. If you are a current patient with an urgent medical concern that does not warrant going to ER outside of regular business hours, please call 203-903-8308 and wait to be connected to our answering service. Do not use this service for routine requests, such as appointments, medication refills, or any other non-urgent concern.
To update your legal name and/or sex in MyChart, we have to submit evidence. The evidence can be a probate court order or legal document that reflects your legally changed name and/or sex, such as a photo ID, birth certificate, or passport. Please send us a MyChart message with a photo of the evidence.
You can update your name, pronouns, gender, and other demographic information at any time through MyChart:
- Open MyChart
- Select Menu
- Go to Preferences & Account Settings
- Select Personal Information
- Go to Details About Me
- Select Edit
If you need assistance with making these changes, please contact us.
We work with most major insurances, including plans through:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- ConnectiCare (including Medicare plans)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- United Healthcare (including Medicare and Oxford plans)
We also accept all exchange plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace (Access Health CT).
Please note that this isn’t a complete list. If you have questions regarding your specific plan, please contact us or your insurance carrier directly.
We offer discounted and/or free services for those who qualify based on family size and income. Please note that you may be responsible for additional charges incurred during visits, such as lab costs and prescriptions. Please contact us to learn more and apply.
You can pay your bill by calling 203-903-8308 during regular business hours and we’ll collect your payment over the phone. We take credit/debit cards and HSA/FSA/HRA cards. You can also mail a check in a return envelope that comes with your physical bill. When you pay your bill by mail, you can help us process your payment accurately and quickly by following these steps:
- Don’t send cash.
- Make your check payable to “Anchor Health Initiative Corp.” Be sure to note the patient’s name in the memo section of the check.
Your provider lets you know ahead of your appointment. If you are unsure, you can always check with us by calling 203-903-8308 or sending a MyChart message.
Please call 203-903-8308 during regular business hours or send us a MyChart message as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment. If you do not provide us with at least 24 hours’ (to the hour) notice, we count your appointment as a no-show and charge you a $50 fee. For Monday appointments, that means letting us know the Friday before by your scheduled appointment time. If you provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice, we do not count your appointment as a no-show or charge you a fee.
Please review our Appointment Cancellation, No-Show, and Late Policy for more information.