easily access care when & where you need it
Face-to-face visits aren’t always possible—that’s why we offer a secure video-based connection with your provider! The patient portal MyChart, powered by Zoom, allows visitors to join your appointments, providers to share their screen, and language interpretation in real-time.
Not all visit types are available through telemedicine. Your provider will discuss with you which visit type is appropriate.
Preparing for a Video Visit
- Ensure you will be in Connecticut at the time of your video visit. Please let us know if you will not be in Connecticut to verify your eligibility.
- Video visits require a MyChart account. If you don’t have an account, you need to either request an activation code online, or call 203-903-8308 and we’ll provide you with a code.
- To access your video visit, use an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet, or a computer with camera, speakers, and a microphone. Smartphones and tablets require a one-time installation of the MyChart and Zoom apps.
- Download MyChart on the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Download Zoom on the App Store or Google Play Store. There’s no charge for the app and no need to create an account.
- Open MyChart and log in or sign up through “Yale New Haven Health/Yale Medical Group.”
- If using a computer, please visit MyChart’s website via Safari, Chrome, or Edge.
Day of Visit
- One of our medical assistants will call you 10-20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to gather information and prepare you for your visit. Make sure you answer!
- Be in a private location with reliable Wi-Fi.
- YNHHS’s Video Visit Quick Guide has step-by-step directions for accessing your visit.
All video visits are secure and meet the federal government’s HIPAA privacy requirements. Visits are not recorded.
Video visits are billed at the same rate as in-person care, including copays, coinsurance, and deductibles as applicable. Please check with your insurance carrier to find out how telemedicine visits are billed for you.